Sounds have always been a part of human experience, shaping and transforming the world in which we live in ways that often go unnoticed. Sounds and music, the authors argue, are embedded in the fabric of everyday life, art, commerce, and politics in ways which impact our perception of the world.
Through an extraordinarily diverse set of case studies, authors illustrate how sounds -- from the sounds of industrialization, to the sounds of automobiles, to sounds in underwater music and hip-hop, to the sounds of nanotechnology -- give rise to new forms listening practices. In addition, the book discusses the rise of new public problems such as noise pollution, hearing loss, and the "end" of the amateur musician that stem from the spread and appropriation of new sound- and music-related technologies, analog and digital, in many domains of life.
Preceptor, Princeton University. Teaching Assistant, University of Pennsylvania:. Research Experience.
The Oxford Handbook of Sound Studies - Google книги
Professional Experience. Reviewer for American Journal of Sociology.
- More Information.
- Trevor Pinch and Karin Bijsterveld.
- For we are sold, I and my people : women and industry in Mexico’s frontier.
- Behavioral Neurobiology of Chronic Pain.
- SearchWorks Catalog.
- Edited by Trevor Pinch and Karin Bijsterveld;
Sociology Graduate Student Advisory Council representative, March 9. Philadelphia, PA.
New Keys to the World of Sound
March 1. Princeton, NJ. November 9. February Setting up reading intentions help you organise your course reading. It makes it easy to scan through your lists and keep track of progress.
- The History and Politics of UN Security Council Reform (Routledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics)!
- Importing the Sonic Souvenir: issues of cross-cultural composition.
- Sound Souvenirs: Audio Technologies, Memory and Cultural Practices.
- Colt Percussion Revolvers?
- The Prehistory of Language;
- Sound souvenirs [electronic book] : audio technologies, memory and cultural practices /.
- The symbol theory.
- Advanced Modern Engineering Mathematics?
- Algorithms for Worst-Case Design and Applications to Risk Management?
- Desert Spear (Demon Cycle, Book 2).
- Trevor J Pinch | Department of Music Cornell Arts & Sciences?
Here's an example of what they look like:. Your reading intentions are also stored in your profile for future reference.
To set a reading intention, click through to any list item, and look for the panel on the left hand side:. For help Email: resourcelists exeter.