Among his writings are Is It Too Late? Access to the complete content on Oxford Handbooks Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription. Please subscribe or login to access full text content. If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code. For questions on access or troubleshooting, please check our FAQs , and if you can''t find the answer there, please contact us.
- Beyond Matter: Why Science Needs Metaphysics?
- Service Availability: 5th International Service Availability Symposium, ISAS 2008 Tokyo, Japan, May 19-21, 2008 Proceedings!
- Christian Ethics, Protestant and Catholic: Years After the Reformation | Christian in America!
- TRADITIONAL VALUES AND CHRISTIAN ETHICS: A MAYA PROTESTANT SPIRITUALITY?
- Quotation Index to Childrens Literature.
- A Companion to Urban Anthropology.
- Between Man and Beast: An Unlikely Explorer, the Evolution Debates, and the African Adventure that Took the Victorian World by Storm;
Search within my subject: Select Politics Urban Studies U. History Law Linguistics Literature. Music Neuroscience Philosophy Physical Sciences. The World of Nature according to the Protestant Tradition. The Oxford Handbook of Religion and Ecology. Read More. Subscriber sign in. Please login and go to your personal user account to enter your access token. Have Institutional Access? Forgot your password? PDF Preview.
- The Church of Fear: Inside The Weird World of Scientology.
- Christianity at a glance.
- Table of contents!
- Reading Christian Theology in the Protestant Tradition.
- Microsimulation Modelling of the Corporate Firm: Exploring Micro-Macro Economic Relations;
Table of Contents. Related Content.
Thomas Aquinas: Not Just for Catholics Any More
Author: Lourens Peter van den Bosch. His studies on the history and nature of religion were of great interest to both scholarly and more popular circles, and he was for a long time an influential figure in the cultural life of Victorian Britain. Therefore, a new study of his life and especially of his works needs no apology. The book is particularly useful for historians of religion interested in the origin of the science of religion and for historians specialized in the history of ideas. Author: Olav Hammer. This volume deals with the transformation of religious creativity in the late modern West.
Its point of departure is a set of esoteric beliefs, from Theosophy to the New Age.
Christian Ethics, Protestant and Catholic: Years After the Reformation | Christian in America
It shows how these traditions have adapted to the cultural givens of each successive epoch. The claims of each movement have been buttressed by drawing on various structural characteristics of late modernity. The advance of science has resulted in attempts to claim scientific status for religious beliefs.
Globalization has given rise to massive loans from other cultures, but also to various strategies to radically reinterpret foreign elements. Individualism has led to an increasing reliance on experience as a source of legitimacy. The analytical tools applied to understanding religious modernization shed light on changes that are fundamentally reshaping many religious traditions. This publication has also been published in hardback, please click here for details.
Axial Civilizations and World History.